We are back again with another “Top 5 Beauty Products” series post. I asked you all in my what the next topic should be, and someone requested that we do blushes. Your wish is my command:) So without further chit chat, here are my top 5 best blushes.
Now, these are the blushes that I find best suit my skin tone. I think that they would be great blushes for those that are around light-medium deep skin tones. Some of them won’t work on really fair skin tones and others won’t work on really deep skin tones.
- “Melba” by MAC: This is a matte blush in a muted coral color. MAC blushes are some of the best out there, in my opinion, when it comes to staying power and color payoff. You get a ton of product in the pans, although they are a little bit on the expensive side. This is my favorite year-round blush that I continue to go back to over and over again.
- “Between the Sheets” by Colourpop: This is a beautiful cream to powder blush formula. The color is a neutral beige-pink that is flattering on so many skin tones. It has a matte finish so it makes for a great day-to-day blush. These are best applied with your fingers or a stippling brush. They are inexpensive but good quality. I love using this as a base and then topping it with a powder blush to make it last all day. I am not usually a fan of cream products, but this one is really beautiful.
- “Head Over Heels” and “Spellbound” by Makeup Geek: I love, love, LOVE Makeup Geek blushes. For such an amazing product in terms of quality, you cannot beat the price. The pigmentation of these blushes is spot on and they last for quite a while on the face. They are not powdery at all and you can build up the color if you want to. “Head Over Heels” is a light, cool toned pink blush with shimmer. It isn’t chunky glitter, but there is shimmer to this blush. I think it is beautiful over top of another blush or on its own if you want a light sheen. “Spellbound” is a salmon toned blush that is my go-to on any normal day. I think the color is really flattering and it just gives a pretty, natural flush to the cheeks.
- “Peach Bellini” by ModelCo: This blush really surprised me! I received it in my Ipsy bag a few months ago and didn’t really think much of it. But, this color is stunning! it is a peachy pink blush with golden sheen and it looks beautiful on the skin. It doesn’t accentuate your pores, it gives you this beautiful glow, and the staying power is pretty decent. The product is really smooth, not powdery at all, and applies well also.
- “Pinched” by NYX: From what I hear, this blush is a pretty close dupe to Nars “Orgasm” blush that everyone raves about, except this is 90% cheaper. It is a bright pink with golden shimmer. It looks a little bit bold in the swatch, but it is very easy to blend and you can apply it with a light hand if you don’t want it to be this bright and opaque. It’s a really pretty color applied both ways and it works for all seasons. Plus, it’s NYX so the price is great and the quality is good as well!
What are your favorite blushes? What would you like to see in the next “top 5” products?
*Cheers to flushed cheeks of all colors*