The hubby is out of town so it is quite a fun but busy household around here taking care of my girls. So in honor of all of you ladies out there who don’t have tons of time to spare with your busy lives, we are keeping it short and sweet this week with a few of my favorite makeup application tips.
Easy Makeup Application Tips
1) Use Scotch tape to help apply a winged eyeliner. Applying a perfect flick to that winged eyeliner takes practice. It took me years to really get it down and I still mess up from time to time… I end up trying to make both sides equal, which takes about an inch of eyeliner on each side. Needless to say, I have to wipe it off;) Applying the tape following along the line of your bottom lashes will allow you to have a straight and perfect wing in a short amount of time.
2) Exfoliate lips with a sugar scrub or a toothbrush. This will make your lips appear plumper and remove dry skin for smoother lip product application. I always make my own scrub using a little bit of olive or coconut oil and some white sugar. It’s cheap and it works wonders!
3) To make lipstick last longer, apply chapstick ( I love the EOS chapstick, it’s a necessity) , then lip liner to the entire lip (not just around the outer edge). This will help to give the lipstick something else to grab on to. Also, using a good gloss on top will seal in color.
4) Putting a translucent powder(see my favorite here) on top of your under eye or brightening concealer will seal and set the product in and help to prevent creasing.
5) Let your mascara dry for 15-20 seconds between coats. It will help the product stick to the ends better and therefore give you longer and fuller lashes. Also don’t be afraid to use different kids of mascara at one time. Some of my favorites are MAC False Lashes and MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash, or L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black and Smashbox Photo Op Eye Brightening.
6) Apply eyeshadow with a wet makeup brush or finger to give it a much deeper pigmentation. It makes shimmer eye shadows almost appear metallic depending on the color.
These are some of the ways that make my makeup application application easier and better:) What are some of your favorite makeup application tips?
*Heres to pretty faces and pretty hearts*