It is HOT here in Arizona. I mean, the kind of hot where you can’t really go outside. This past weekend, it was 120 degrees at one point! With little ones around, you have to find other things for them to do because you can’t really say, “Just go play outside” like I would normally do. We need some activities lined up so that they aren’t getting too ancey being cooped up in the house. Here are some of the best summer activities for kids in Arizona that I have found.
We found a whole bunch of fun things to do with kids in Arizona, and I think that these are great for kids of a lot of different ages. We, of course, always do the typical pool and sprinkler days a lot. But even water parks, pools, and things like that can sometimes be too much time outside in this kind of heat.
*Some links are sponsored links in this post. All opinions are 100% my own.
Summer Activities for Kids in Arizona
- You can’t always get outside in the Arizona heat, so a fun family activity that we love today is go bowling. Bowlmor is offering an awesome package this summer that is perfect for families! They are offering season passes for free bowling all summer long. Available for purchase now through Labor Day, bowlers of all ages can buy a Summer Games Pass, ranging from $9.95-$39.95 for children 15 and younger and $15.95-$44.95 for those 16 and older. Pricing varies by center, and permits up to three games of bowling every single day for the entire summer. If you are parent looking to keep your kids busy this summer, look no further!
- The Children’s Museum of Phoenix is probably at the top of the favorites list for all ages. There are so many different things to do there so all kids have something to do that they can enjoy. Not to mention, the place is HUGE. It has everything from a gigantic climbing fort in the beginning, to a noodle maze that even adults can get lost in… not that I ever have;)
Not to mention, the photo booth, that might be more fun for the adults!
There are rooms where the kids can do art, a separate room just for 3 and under that is gated, and numerous themed rooms where kids can do things like grocery shop and pretend to plant their own flowers.
Needless to say, I would HIGHLY recommend this Arizona activity for kids of many ages. Plus, it’s air conditioned!
- The next favorite thing on the list is gelato. To me, it’s much more fun, and more delicious, than going to get plain old ice cream. The Gelato Spot in Old Town Scottsdale has such a big variety of flavors, is decently priced, and they let you try as many flavors as you want. What kid doesn’t love that? We have gone many, many times. It was my craving when I was pregnant in the Arizona summers. Plus, in 110 degrees, this cool treat was much needed! (I recommend the Pineapple, Vegan Coconut or Salted Caramel)
- If you are visiting or live in Arizona, you can’t go without seeing at least one of the hiking areas. We have one that is pretty close to where we live that we love. It has stairs made out of the rocks itself. Make sure you go there in the morning, as early as possible, to avoid the heat of the day. Even when we have gone in the summer season, it is HOT and we only lasted for a little while. But, everyone enjoyed a quick climb and some fun pictures.
- If you are looking for a water activity, check out Slide Rock in Sedona, AZ. It is a little bit of a drive, but it is a great way to cool off during the hot months, and it has some gorgeous views.
Speaking of outdoor activities, Joe at Nature Rated understands this all too well and has put together an infographic on 15 Summer activities to help your kids appreciate nature.
From baking a blackberry pie to constructing a pond or insect hotel, there’s plenty for the youngsters to get up to. Head on over to his site for step by step instructions to get your kids out and about enjoying nature.
What are your favorite summer activities to do with kids?
*Here’s to staying cool and having fun in the heat of summer*