Here in Arizona, it has basically been summer for a few months now. For everyone else here, summer is quickly approaching! One of my favorite parts about this time of year is all of the colorful makeup that you get to play with. Granted, you could wear it whenever you want:) But, doing pop of color makeup looks has become on of the biggest makeup trends this year.
I can’t get enough!
Here are some amazing products that will help you achieve the pop of color look this season.
Pop of Color Makeup Essentials
- A Bright Lip Color: Because, this is never going anywhere! I feel like bright orange, pink, and coral lips scream summer. You could pretty much throw on some mascara and nothing else, and rock a bright lip, to look totally pulled together and summer ready. If you want more ideas, check out my top 5 favorite bright lipsticks. Some of my favorites:
- Vegas Volt by MAC Cosmetics: If you love corals and oranges, you will love this lipstick! It is bright, fun, and great for the summer time. MAC lipsticks are wonderful and this one is no different. It has an amplified formula, which is one of my favorites, so it is really creamy and has tons of color payoff.
- Bossy by Colourpop: The best red lipstick ever. This blue based red is so stunning and bright, gorgeous for a summer night out.
- Chi Chi by Colourpop: I know… but this brand is so good for the price! This is your true, bright orange and it screams “summer, summer, summer time!”
- Power Peony by Maybelline: This gorgeous cool tone pink is perfect for those that want to rock a neon pink lip, but don’t want to commit to a fully opaque color. This one can go from slightly sheer to fail opaque, depending on how many coats you apply.
- A Bold Liner: The Colourpop gel eyeliners, in stick form, have jumped to the top of my “need” list this summer. They have so many bright colors and they stay in your waterline like no other. Here are some of the colors I’m loving from this product line:
- Teaspoon: A bright, emerald green. As seen on me here in my Instagram photo:)
- Prance: A muted periwinkle blue. It adds just the right amount of color.
- Piggy Bank: One that I just recently added to my collection, a beautiful red violet color.
- Puppy: A neon orange that I am in love with!
- Bright Shadows: These are perfect to really set off a look. You could use them wet and turn them into liner, or smudge them out on your lower lash line, which is my favorite way to wear them. Trust me, you need this in your life! Some of my favorite colors:
- MAC Cosmetics: Atlantic Blue, pictured below, (true bright, ocean blue) & Red Brick (deep burnt orange with a hint of red) as seen on me here.
- Makeup Geek Shadows: Wisteria (lavender), Shore Thing (pale mint with a hint of blue), Fuji (bright, apple green), Dragonfly (bright midtoned teal) shown from left to right, with Atlantic Blue at the far right.
What are some of the bright and bold makeup essentials on your list this summer?
*Cheers to the bright, the bold, and the beautiful*