Over the past year, I have been working hard to get my anxiety under wraps. It is extremely draining, mentally and physically, to battle with all that anxiety can throw it you on a daily basis. I have really been searching for something to help with it and I have tried A LOT of different methods. On the other hand, we ALL deal with some type of stress on a daily basis. Whether it be work, finances, school, parenting… the list goes on! I am sharing some of the ways to combat stress that I have found truly work that best.
To those struggling with anxiety and stress, I hope that some of these help you or add to your list of things that help you deal with the beast.
*I was sponsored in my review of some of the products in this post. All opinions in this post are 100% my own.
5 Ways to Combat Stress & Be A Better You
- Essential Oils: There is some debate as to what essential oils actually do for you, and the FDA is not their biggest fan. For me, I can’t say that essential oils cure anxiety by any means. However, I have found that they really helped to ease my stressful triggers when I felt my anxiety rising. A sweet friend of mine made me a few rollerballs that I carry around with me, and some of the oils in those that I noticed a difference with are Lavender, Bergamot, Chamomile, and Frankincense. I have a rollerball with me everywhere I go, and it is serious a lifesaver in situations where my anxiety might try to get the best of me.
- Mantras: Finding a mantra to repeat to yourself when you feel an anxiety attack coming can do wonders to calm you down. One of my favorites is a verse, Psalm 94:19, that says, “In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.” It has calmed me down during full-blown panic attacks, helped to soothe my mind when I can’t sleep.
- Acupuncture: I tried this a few times when I was about five or six months postpartum. I was not a huge fan at first (hello, needles). After a few sessions, I noticed a big difference especially during and after the treatments. I was a lot calmer, and the results of that lasted for a few days. I went twice a week, so it seemed to help for a little while.
- Exercise: I love exercise for anxiety and stress. I workout 6 mornings a week, without fail, and twice on two of those days. It seriously saves my sanity to have those few precious moments to myself, to workout, clear my head, and help calm some of the stress from the day before, before a new day with my four little ones starts again.
- RESCUE® Trio: These three products have seriously been a lifesaver when it comes to how I deal with stress. The RESCUE® Pastilles are my favorite. I have found these to be so effective in calming me wen I am having a moment of anxiety wash over me, or a super stressful day. Each Pastilles has 1 dose of RESCUE Remedy® , which is something that has been used since the 1930’s. It is a gentle and discreet way of calming stress on the go. RESCUE® products help take the edge off, so you keep it together during those everyday stressful situations like parenting, career stress, financial stressors, etc… The RESCUE® cream is great for aiding in those areas where stress has started to effect your body, like the skin. The RESCUE® Liquid Sleep Melts calms repetitive thoughts and allows you to fall asleep naturally, and wake refreshed. I love that these are non-habit forming, as some prescribed sleep medications can be. If you aren’t feeling rested at night, and are in dire need of a good nights sleep, you will want to try these out! Mamas of littles… I’m talking to you;)
A little history behind the RESCUE® brand, they were developed by a doctor more than 75 years ago. Completely homeopathic RESCUE® products have helped millions of women around the world deal with the day-to-day stressors that we all deal with. A blend of five of the Bach® Original Flower Remedies, over-the counter RESCUE® provides gentle, non-habit forming everyday stress relief, without a prescription or any heavy, daily medications.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
If you want to learn more about these products or pick them up for yourself, head over to their website.
Don’t forget to use code 20RescueJoa to receive a 20% off any RESCUE® products on Amazon.
What are some of the ways that you combat stress and anxiety?
*Here’s to finding natural and safe ways to help deal with anxiety*