Liebster Award Nomination
What a treat! Motherhood and Merlot was nominated to receive this award by the fabulous Tandra at Thriller Mom. Thanks lady:) It is always uplifting and special when other bloggers you have connected with and have learned so much from recognize you for things like this!
For those that don’t know, like myself when I first heard about this award, the Liebster Award is a way for smaller blogs to get recognized and connected with other bloggers who also receive the award. To me, I think it’s a way to tell another blogger that I think they are awesome and they deserve some recognition. Because let’s be honest, blogging is much more work and effort than anyone who isn’t a blogger thinks.
To accept my award, I was asked to answer these questions so that you all get to know a little bit more about me:)
1. What is something you won’t blog about?
Now that I think about this, there is not a ton that I will not blog about . I don’t think I would ever blog about major arguments that I have with my the people I am closest to. Also, I wouldn’t blog in-depth about personal loss or family things that should be kept private out of respect for my family members.
2. What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
My biggest guilty pleasure… shopping. I am a self-diagnosed shopaholic. Anything fashion or beauty related just gets me every time. It definitely brings me a guilty sense of happiness.
3. Where would you vacation if money was no factor?
My husband and I always talk about going to Italy, Ireland and Greece. If money was no factor that’s where you would find our family for a few months.
4. What has been the scariest moment of your life?
This one was tough. The scariest moment that I have had so far is when I thought that my youngest daughter was an ectopic pregnancy and we were going to lose her.
5. Who do you look up to as a mentor?
Over the past month or so I have been a part of a wonderful tribe of bloggers. All of these ladies have taught me so much about blogging, self-confidence and much more! I would consider them all my mentors.
6. What is your favorite board game?
Scrabble. I love that game & I win every time! Unless I play my mom, who was the one that taught me how to play:)
7. Are you a spender or a saver?
It depends. If my family has the means to do it, I will go on a little spending spree. Otherwise, I save.
8. What are three lessons you want to teach your kids?
Love the Lord first before everything else, treat everyone with kindness, never EVER let your relationship with your family disappear.
9. Would you like to know the day you’re going to die?
10. What super power would you most like to possess?
Hmmm… I think I would really love to be able to be invisible. Something about people not knowing your there or being able to go places unnoticed is intriguing. It is also slightly creepy now that I say it out-loud. I mean it in the most un-creepy way!
Now, I get the pleasure of nominating someone else for this award!
Jill from Ripped Jeans and Bifocals! She was one of the first bloggers I really connected with and I just adore her blog and her style of writing.
2. How did you meet your significant other?
3. What does your dream house look like?
4. How would you describe your personal style when it comes to clothing?
5. What are your 3 must have beauty products?
6. Guilty Pleasure?
7. Which blogs do you check daily?
8. If you have children what are their names?
9. What’s your drink of choice?
10. In your opinion, what is the best blog post you’ve written so far? Give us the link.