I love getting the chance to try out new products and share my honest thoughts on them with you.
When it comes to skin care for the face, I am really skeptical about what I try because I have such sensitive skin. There are a lot of products that I just cannot use because they either break me out or cause crazy reactions on my face.
Because I have tried all of the other frank Body Scrubs for the body (click to read reviews), as well as the frank Body Balm, I wanted to give this new line of face products a try. I love most of their scrubs for the body, especially the original frank scrub and and the Coconut and Grape seed Scrub. Here are my thoughts about this facial scrub:)
frank Body Face Scrub
This is the type of product that you either really love, or that you just are not into. Let’s go over a little bit about the product and then I will give you my pros and cons list.
This facial scrub is one that can be used multiple times a week if you so desired. You basically take the product, rub it in circular motions onto a clean and slightly damp face, wait three minutes, and then rinse it off.
The scrub itself is “creamy”, as its’ name suggests, but it is also quite thick. There scrubbing action comes from bits of coffee and white clay. This scrub also contains coconut, almond, grape seed, and rosehip oils. The oils in the product are supposed to detoxify, repair damaged tissue, reduce the appearance of scars and fine lines, clean pores, moisturize, and target problem blemishes. Also, scrubbing away dry skin and leaving behind a fresh, soft face.
It sells for $19.95 on frankbody.com.
- This product smells AMAZING. If you want something to wake you up in the morning, scrub your face with this. It smells exactly like a fresh pot of coffee combined with a slight sweetness.
- The exfoliants are intense, but not harsh. They do leave your skin feeling really soft after using the scrub, but I never have extreme areas of redness from the scrub being too much. I also have sensitive skin, so this is a plus for me!
- For the price, you get a pretty good amount of product that you don’t need to use much of at a time.
- Make sure that your face is cleansed before using. It can clog certain areas of your pores if not.
- I would not use this more than once a week. It provides a really good exfoliation, but I think using it multiple times a week might be too much for the skin.
- I don’t have oily skin, but I imagine that if you did you would want to stay away from this product. It leaves your skin feeling very hydrated/slightly oily after, which goes away for those of us with dry/normal skin. But, I think that oil prone skin might have issues with it.
So there you have it! Would I recommend this product? Yes, for those with dry-normal skin types. You can head to their website by clicking here if you want to order this product (not an affiliate link). I have a feeling that the cleanser will be more suitable for all skin types since it is not as thick/oil-filled as this scrub is.
I can’t wait to try out the face cleanser that they came out with as well as the moisturizer. If you’re looking for an excellent face mask, check out my review of the TruSelf Organics Clay Mask.
Which one would you like to see reviewed next?
*Here’s to being the skin care guinea pig, and loving it:)*