Last week, we had the chance to celebrate our (now) 5YO daughter. It was out first birthday part here in Virginia, and I wanted to make sure it was special for her. I have done quite a few parties and themes now, and I was really trying to think of something new. We came up with the idea for a camping themed party, and it was a hit with her!
It was actually one of my favorite themes I have done, so it was a lot of fun to put together.
With the fall season here, a camping themed party is very fitting, and there are a ton of products and items that you can use for it. We even used acorns that I had my kids collect from outside. Free, easy to get, and fun for them!
Camping Themed Party
Almost all of the decorations were purchased on Amazon. I LIVE for Amazon, and it made it so easy to have it all in place. Plus, they had a lot of options for a camping themed party, at varying price points, which I appreciated.
- Faux Moss Table Runner
- Faux Fire
- Cupcake Tree Toppers
- Cupcake Wraps
- Camping Signs
- Tree Placecard Holders
- Sleeping Bags- Pinwheel Sandwiches
- Sticks- Pocky Sticks
- Forest Foliage- Veggies in the shape of a tree and Dip
- Grizzly Bears- Gummy Bears
- Fish Bait- Gummy Worms
- Pinecone or Hedgehog Cheese Dip- Cheese ball formed in the shape of a pinecone.
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Tree Toppers and wraps from Amazon
- Logs- Kit Kats
- Forest Berries and Dip- Fruit bowl with a marshmallow fluff dip.
- Hot Dogs
- Trail Mix
- S’mores- Deconstructed S’mores bar.
- Caprese Canoes – Bite size caprese salad appetizers.
I worked with a local baker here in VA, Dulce Num Nums, and she made the most adorable cookies for the party. They were all camping themed, but also with a feminine touch to them.
I think that the s’mores stick was my favorite, but I honestly cannot choose. The details were stunning and they taste amazing too!
The party was a blast, and she LOVED it.
You can get the printables I used here.
Or shop the decor and goodies below.
*Cheers to camping themed party ideas, that don’t involve real insects or sleeping outside 😉