1. What are you looking forward to now that we have an extra hour of sunlight at the end of the day?
Arizona doesn’t celebrate daylight savings time so we don’t ever gain or lose the sunlight like the rest of the country.
2. If you could go anywhere in the world, where you go? Who would you go with?
I would go to Italy. My husband and I talk about going there all of the time and we will start planning it in a few years after our kids are a little older. I think it would just be him and I, since we never really took a honeymoon after we got married. It’s a dream of both of ours to travel through Europe.
3. Share the most recent picture on your phone and tell the story behind it.
This picture is from this past weekend when my husband and I took our girls to the park. That is something we do almost every weekend because our kids love it and it’s a great way to get out some of their energy. My husband’s job is also very demanding, so it’s really important to him to take the girl’s out and to spend time with them during the weekends.
4. Now I want to know what your spirit animal is! Take the quiz and share it with us. Were you surprised by the results?
I got a deer. When it first popped up, I was a little bit iffy about what the explanation would be. But, it actually fits my personality to a tee. “You are a shy type of sorts. You’d rather be home, reading, watching TV, or even sleeping on your days off. You let very few people into your life, but you are best friends to those you do let in. You’re often private & reserved, and you’re the listener in the conversations that you have. Your comfort zone lies in the hands of just a couple of people, and that’s okay. Trust is a big thing to give out, but don’t be shrewd to the people who want to be in your life. ”
5. When did you start blogging? What is one thing you have learned from it?
I started blogging about 9 months ago now. My 1 year Blog Anniversary will be coming up in the beginning of May. I have learned so much from blogging. Probably the most important is to be myself. I have always been pretty introverted unless someone really knows me, and I think that this has caused me to hold back a lot of what I want to say in life. Having this blog has allowed me to really open up and share my true thoughts and feelings with those that read my blog:)
6. Will you be going to any blogging conferences this year?
I would really love to attend the Blended Conference at the end of this year since it is in Arizona. and so close to home. My twins will be only a few months old so everything kind of depends on them!
7. Describe your workspace. Is it messy or tidy? Bonus if you share a picture of it!
I don’t really have a set workspace since we are currently in transition between our condo and moving to a larger place. I usually work at the kitchen table so that I can watch my girl’s at the same time.
8. What’s something people might not know about you?
I feel like there is a lot that people don’t know about me… I have played the flute since I was about 8 years old, there are 12 children in my family, and I have a terrible fear of any little black speck on the ground because I think it could be a bug.
9. First word that pops into your head…go!
Pregnancy… haha. This is what I have in my head at all times of the day since I am 23 weeks pregnant with twins. Everything in my life seems to revolve around it no matter what I am doing. From pregnancy brain, to pregnancy pains, to being pregnant with two toddler’s running around, it’s “pregnancy” all day!
10. What’s your favorite think to drink while you’re blogging?
Wine. The answer for me is always wine. But, I haven’t been able to do that lately, being pregnant and all. If it isn’t early morning and I don’t have a cup of coffee, I am always drinking water with lemon.
And now onto my nominees! (If you feel so inclined to participate): Julie from Girl on the Move, Alyssa from Babies, Bloodhounds and Booze, Melissa from Wading Through Motherhood, and Kirsten from Kids are a Trip.
Here are my questions for you:
1. If you had one day to spend doing whatever you wanted with whomever you wanted, what would that look like?
2. What is the most memorable place you have ever visited?
3. Share the most recent picture (or one of the most recent) on your phone and tell the story behind it.
4. Who is one blogger that you really look up to and/or that has taught you a lot about blogging?
5. When did you start blogging and why?
6. Do you have any siblings? Share something special about your relationship with them. If not, share something about a relationship you have with someone who is like family to you.
7. Do you have a secret hobby or passion?
8. Because this was so spot on for me, I want to know what your spirit animal is! Take the quiz and share it with us. How did the results match you?
9. What is one of your favorite quotes?
10. What’s your favorite thing to drink, no matter what time of day it is? If it’s wine, there is no judgement;)
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who nominated you.
2. Add the award logo.
3. Answer the questions your nominator has asked.
4. Nominate 7 other blogs and let them know via comments.
5. Ask your nominees 10 questions.