Dark lips are one of my favorite things about the cooler months, not that you can’t wear dark lips anytime of the year if you wanted to! From deep mauves and berry tones, to dark browns and even richer lipsticks, there is a little bit of darkness on here suitable for everyone.
Best Dark Lipstick
- Nori by Bite Beauty: I love the rich ox blood color with a hint of brown in this lip. It is part of a Bite Beauty holiday kit that I did a full review on. It looks different on all skin tones and is the perfect transition color all the way through the fall and winter months. This is much deeper on me in person, but I think that the color would prove to be perfect for fall on many different people.
- Excessive by Violet Voss: This color just screams fall to me. I am obsessed with brown lips right now, and this color is EVERYTHING! It dries completely matte, although in this photo I have some clear gloss over the top of it. It is just a gorgeous statement color if you really want that dark lip.
- Stone by MAC Cosmetics: If you are looking for that griege, brown and gray, rock colored trend that has been going around, look no further! This is far one of my favorite lipsticks that I have purchased recently and I love it. There is nothing but great things to be said about the quality of MAC lipsticks, and this new addition to their matte collection is no different. If you want something slightly lighter, try “Trap” or “Tootsie” by Colourpop.
- Burgundy Blush by Maybelline: The matte lipsticks by Maybelline are some of the best in the drugstore. This is a deep burgundy with brown undertones and an (almost) matte finish. It does have a hint of sheen. But, the staying power is wonderful and the color is gorgeous.
- Black Cherry by Revlon: This is a very similar color to “Media” by MAC, but not as opaque. It is exactly what the name states, an extremely dark berry red color. I love the formula of most Revlon lipsticks, but I wish that they had a little bit more staying power. Also, make sure to wear a liner because this is a lipstick that will bleed outside the lines if you don’t. However, for something that I only wear a few times in the year, this option is a win for me.
What is your favorite dark lip color for fall?
*Here’s to the dark, the deep, and the vampy*