Last month, I did a post on my top favorite timeless songs that I will probably listen to forever. It was so much fun to hear from you all about my list as well as read what your favorites are!
I thought I would do a movie version of that post because, who doesn’t love a good movie?
On a serious note, I really do love watching movies. Since we have had kids, I don’t get to go to the movie theaters that often to see films, but we always watch them online. Plus, I am a Netflix junkie.
Best Movies of All Time
… in my opinion of course.
- Gone With the Wind: I don’t care what anyone says about this. I have loved this film since I was young and will love it forever. The time period that it is set in is always where I thought I should have been born. The movie is long, but so worth the watch! Love, romance, drama, and real life problems… love!
- Sound of Music: Again, another long-time favorite. Don’t worry, not everything on this list will be classic films… but I do have a love for these! This is one of the best musical films ever. Plus, coming from a large family, it is actually easy for me to relate in terms of the sibling dynamics.
- Disney Movies: I love ALL Disney movies. I still love them as an adult. You just can’t beat watching a Disney film whether it is classic or one of the new movies they’ve come out with. My favorites have got to be anything with a Disney Princess, UP, and
- The Shawshank Redemption: The story in this film is probably one of my favorites. This and “The Green Mile” are two prison-based movies that I really just love to watch over and over. Real life, friendship, drama… so good!
- Shirley Temple movies: Another classic… growing up, these were the movies that I wanted to watch over and over. I just think they have such good messages for little girls about manners and how a little girl should act, regardless of the time period. I plan on showing these to my daughter in the near future without a doubt!
- Forrest Gump: “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.” Such a feel-good movie! I can’t even count how many times I have watched it. Tom Hanks is a genius actor period.
- The Lord of the Rings series: The story, the graphics, the intensity, the books… so many good things to be said about these movies! They will get you hooked.
- Harry Potter: Any and all of these movies are fantastic. The books are great and the story is brilliant. You just get sucked in to watching them over and over again. HP fan for life!
- Star Wars movies: If you are not a fan of Star Wars on some level, we cannot be friends. I love the earlier movies the best. “A New Hope” is a classic.
- It’s A Wonderful Life: This is right up there with “Miracle on 34th Street“. I love any and all Christmas/holiday films. If I could have it be Christmastime all year round, I would in a heart beat. This is a staple in our house over the holidays and it is just one of those films that never gets old.
- The Gladiator: If you have not seen this film, stop what you’re doing and go watch it right now. Makes me cry every time.
- Pulp Fiction: Because it’s a crazy, insane movie but you can’t help but love it. The restaurant scene where they are having a dance party on stage… classic.
- Braveheart and The Patriot: Two of Mel Gibson’s best movies (Okay, “What Women Want” is great too). Both of these are just such good movies. The real-to-life war elements in them as well as the love/family foundations that they have are epic. Love. Love. Love.
- The Wizard of Oz: You can’t go through life without watching this movie at least once… or repeatedly like I have. Lions, Tigers, and Bears, Oh my!
- Risky Business: Hello… Tom Cruise when he was actually awesome, and a Halloween costume that women have done year after year? You can’t beat it.
What are you favorite movies of all time? Any that I have listed here that you love as well?
*Cheers to movies that never get old, even after watching them 100 times*