When I first starting really getting into makeup, my older sister and mom introduced me to MAC. I have been a MAC lover ever since then.
But, I have come to find that there are quite a few hidden treasures at the drugstore or at drug-store prices that I thought would be fun to share!
Those of you that are looking for good quality alternatives to high-end brands or just things that are a little bit cheaper for a product that works just as well will hopefully get some new ideas out of my favorites.
Favorite Drug-Store Beauty Items
- L’Oreal Infallible Setting Spray: YES! Thank you L’Oreal for finally coming up with a drug store option for setting sprays. I have a slight obsession with settings sprays, all of which besides this one are pretty pricey. For a drug store item, this one is still up there in price at around $16 but you can always find it on sale or use coupons. I use this every day on top of my makeup to set it and it helps it last for hours and hours. It has not caused any issues with break outs or causing my foundation to break up on my face. Love, Love, Love.
- Maybelline Matte Lipsticks: These came out towards the middle of last year I believe and I am in love! They are such a good quality lipstick for a price that you can’t beat at around $7. The color range isn’t huge (I am hoping that they add more) but the colors that they did come out with are just beautiful. They are very opaque, have decent staying power, and don’t dry out your lips like some matte lipsticks tend to do. Two of my favorites are “Touch of Spice” and “Lust for Blush”. They can get a little thick if you apply too much, but you really don’t need to because they have a great initial color payoff. (The new Milani Matte collection is a great option too, but the colors have been hit-or-miss for me so far)
- Maybelline Fit-Me Concealer: If you want a concealer that you can use to highlight certain areas of the face, or use over the top of a more full coverage concealer, you need this in your collection. I use a shade that is 2 shades lighter than my skin tone and use it on the high points of the cheeks, my nose, and chin to add some highlight and dimension to those areas. It has great staying power and it looks beautiful on the skin. I use it over top of my MAC Studio Fix concealer to brighten my under eye area as well. Plus, it’s only around $6 and it comes in a ton of shades.
- Colour Pop Lippie Stix: THESE ARE ONLY $5 EACH and they are amazing! For the price they are one of my favorite lip products out there. Most of them have a slight vanilla scent in combination with something else that I can’t put my finger on. The colors are absolutely beautiful and so pigmented. I love that they are a twist up, thin stick form because it makes for an easy and clean application. The formula is wonderful and most of the finishes have excellent wear. Get the matching liners with the shades if you can has well because they are equally as great and add to the longevity of the lippie stix. These are some of my favorites including the not-pictured “Brills” and “Bound”:
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow: I cannot talk about how much I love these eyeshadows. I discovered them last year after hearing all of these rave reviews and decided to try them out since they are only around $5 a pan. Thank goodness I did! They are by far my favorite eyeshadow out there right now. The price is fantastic, they aren’t too powdery, they are easily blend-able and smooth, and the color selection is just amazing. I have… a lot… of them but these are some of my most loved colors.
- Makeup Geek Blushes: Just like the eyeshadow, I have nothing but good things to say about the blushes in this line. The colors are gorgeous, and there is something for nearly all skin tones and types. I love how pigmented they are but at the same time can be built up to achieve the desired effect. The pans are under $10 which is such a fantastic price for the quality of the product. My favorites are “Head Over Heels”, which is a beautiful light pink with a satin finish, and “Smitten”, the perfect orange-coral for my skin tone.
- Physicians Formula “Riveria Sands”:
- L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara: This has been my favorite mascara from the drug store for so many years. Before I even used high-end mascara, this was my “must-have” make-up product. It is extremely black, you can build it up without it clumping or flaking, it holds curl well, and I love the intense volume that it gives my lashes while giving decent length as well. Recently, I have really loved to used it with the Tarte “Lights, Camera, Lashes” mascara.
- L’Oreal Silkissime Liners: These are the only liners that will stay in my waterline and/or tight line all day long. I even have a hard time getting them off at night with make-up remover because their staying power is just that good. I love how soft they are and how easy they are to sharpen so you never worry about stabbing yourself in the eye with wood shavings from the pencil. I am on my second black pencil from this line and I just recently fell in love with the highlighting shade for my waterline when I really want to brighten/open me eyes.
Those are my favorite drug store products, a lot of them I don’t think can ever be replaced!
Have you tried any of these products? What are your favorite makeup items from the drug store?
*Cheers to finding quality products for an easy-on-the-wallet price*