I’ll be completely honest… I never used to care about what I used on my skin. I have always had pretty great skin thanks to my parent’s. My mom still has beautiful skin! It is sensitive and somewhat dry-normal, but never acne prone and I’ve never really had to deal with large break-outs. I would always just wash my face with whatever and then that’s it. But, over the years, I have learned that if I want my skin to last I had better get with the program!
With the cooler months surrounding us, and with me being pregnant, my skin has been acting crazy lately. I mean crazy like dry patches, hormonal break-outs especially around my chin and T-Zone, and just some puffiness.
I have had to make some changes to my skin care routine because of pregnancy and some weather related dryness. The good news is, I have found some products that can be used while pregnant (or not) and that have ingredients that are safe for all different skin types. Here are some of my most loved skin care products:)
What is your favorite skin care item?
Favorite Skin Care Products
- Mario Badescu Kiwi Scrub: Yes, I love Mario Badescu and his wonderful products. This scrub is a really light exfoliant with all natural ingredients. The kiwi seeds are actually what scrub your skin. It smells like kiwi and cucumbers, and leaves your skin feeling so soft after. I usually use this after cleansing my face and then don’t put anything else on after. I do this maybe once a week and it just get’s all of the dry skin off without stripping too many layers. I am not one to use really intense exfoliates or peels because they are too harsh on my sensitive skin, and I can’t use them right now anyways because of the babies. This stuff is great!
- Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream: I have been on the hunt for a good eye cream for what seems like forever. Lately, I have been having a lot of redness, and dry, peeling patches on my eyelids which is so strange. It is really uncomfortable and leaves kind of like a scaly appearance when I wear certain make-up. Not attractive. This eye cream helped to clear that up in a matter of days and it has not been acting up since! I have only been using this product for a month, so I can’t speak to the lasting effects on skin toning around the eye area, but it does provide a great amount of moisture.
- Mario Badescu Drying Lotion: This may not be the most natural product on my list, but it is a miracle worker! I was skeptical when I first purchased this last year because the claims on it were… extensive. Basically, a dab of this product on a break-out or large problem area is supposed to dramatically decrease or clear up the problem in a matter of 24 hours. It is not lying! I swear by this little magical potion for getting rid of break-outs and helping to calm down large areas on my face that have not so great. Especially because of my hormones lately, my chin area has been out of control with break-outs. This has helped with that so much. The tiny bottle has lasted both my husband and I using it for 6 months now, and I just finally repurchased a new one.
- Neutrogena Facial Toner: This is a great, inexpensive option for toner. I do not use a facial toner every day, but when I do it’s because I just want my skin to get an extra deep cleaning after using a cleanser. This particular toner doesn’t have a really overpowering smell, it doesn’t burn my skin intensely like some other toners do, and it is a great price!
- Dove Sensitive Bar Soap: It sounds weird that this is on my list right? I wasn’t too sold on it when a dermatologist said to try this in the shower to wash my face. I was in search of something to help calm my hormonal breakouts and this does the job! Within a few days, I noticed a decrease in the amount of clogged pores I had and a much more even texture in my T-zone area. It doesn’t leave that film that a lot of other bar soaps have, which is why I have always avoided bar soap. It also smells, fresh, and leaves your skin feeling really cleansed. I use the kind for sensitive skin, but there are a few other varieties as well. The best part is, it’s cheap and available at almost any store!
- Purity Facial Cleaner: My tried and true product. I will never use another cleanser outside of this because it just does such a great job. It takes off every bit of make-up easily, it has a wonderful and light scent, and it only takes the smallest bit so the bottles last you forever. It is a little bit on the pricy side for a cleaner, but you can find it from an authorized dealer on Amazon for a much better price then you find in store.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: AKA- The best moisturizer ever. I’ve been using this for months now and I absolutely love it. I use it in the morning, or at night. Usually in the morning under make-up because it provides a wonderful base. But if I am not wearing make-up that day, then I use it at night because it gives really intense moisture for your skin while you are sleeping. It is slightly heavy, but not greasy at all. It doesn’t make me break out which is always a good thing. I also don’t have any reaction to it, which for my sensitive skin is a real find. I used the First Aid Beauty Facial Cream, and it just wasn’t as good as the Ultra Repair and it was more expensive.
- Simple Light Daily Moisturizer: This is a great, really light moisturizer for the morning after washing your face. I love it for days when I am not wearing any make-up but still want my skin to feel fresh and hydrated. I use the kind for sensitive skin. The price on this one is great as well, and there isn’t a ton of random ingredients that you can’t understand or pronounce.
I’m still on the hunt for a good facial serum, but one that has pretty natural ingredients. Any recommendations?
*Cheers to having beautiful, healthy skin*