Each season, it’s always fun to come up with some kind of holiday bucket list of activities to either do on your own, with family or with friends. The holiday season is my FAVORITE time of the year and also packed full of things to do with your family and with little ones.
We will be at our home in Arizona for the holidays this year, and then quickly headed out to visit family after (when we can still enjoy the holiday festivities). I cannot wait to
start in on this list… who am I kidding? I started November 1st;)
Holiday Bucket List
- Listen to Christmas music every, single day up until New Years. I have no shame when it comes to Christmas music and decorating. I have been listening to it since before Halloween! Give me all of the Michael Bublé and Bing Crosby classics.
- Make snow ice cream. This is something that I did every year as a kid with my siblings. You just take a little bit of fresh snow, a splash of milk, a cap full of vanilla extract and some sugar and mix it well. It makes a vanilla bean-esque snow slushie. Since we will be somewhere that actually has some snow, this is absolutely happening when we go to Flagstaff.
- Take my kids sledding. Can you believe they have never been? To be fair, Arizona really doesn’t have snow so unless we drive up north, sledding is kind of out of the picture. We are going to Virginia right after Christmas, and they will get plenty of sled time in then.
- Take a Christmas lights tour. The lights and decorations are one of the best parts about Christmas. Everything is so sparkly and glittering and gorgeous! I love just driving around and seeing everything lit up. We actually get to deck out our own house this year as well, since we no longer live in a condo. Yay!
- Find 3 new types of holiday themed wine. Brands always come out with these, and I love being the guinea pig! I have done it for Halloween themed wines and Thanksgiving as well. There has even been one for Valentines day! Send me all the wine;)
- Have a Christmas movie marathon for an entire day. Again, another fantastic part about the holidays are all of the great movies that come on. Hallmark and ABC Family play marathons of holiday movie goodness, plus all of the other classics that you can’t go a season without watching. Look forward to a Merry Blogmas day soon with posts all about our favorite/best Christmas movies, music, books, etc…
- Make a Christmas Eve goodie box for my kids. I have been doing this for the past few years now, and it is always a hit! I saw a similar idea on (where else) Pinterest, that was a Christmas Eve gift for little ones, and adults too if you wanted. I include pajamas (matching of course), a Christmas movie or book, a snack and some other little Christmas related gift. We always open up one gift on Christmas Eve but I thought that this would make it much more exciting to open up.
- Set up a hot chocolate bar for Christmas morning. I love doing this! It is always such a good treat. Make sure to include marshmallows, candy cane stir sticks and maybe some Baileys and peppermint schnaps for the adults;)
- Enjoy every moment. I have a goal to try and be as low-stress as possible this year and just to take everything in strides. Christmas is about blessings and the joy of being around loved ones, not worrying so much about every last detail, which is hard coming from a perfectionist like me.
What’s on your bucket list this holiday season? If you don’t have one, I challenge you to make one!
See more Holiday Bucket Lists from the ’12 Days of Blogmas’ Bloggers!
- Christmas Bucket List with Free Printable by Views From a Step Stool
- Christmas Bucket List by STL Motherhood
- Holiday Bucket List by Motherhood and Merlot
- Holiday Bucket List + Free Printables by Urban Housewife Adventures
- Holiday Bucket List 2016 by My Legendary Style
- 2016 Ruud Family Holiday “Bucket List” by One Ruud Mom
- 10 Holiday Bucket List Ideas You Will Love! by Verified Mom
- 12 Days of Blogmas Holiday Bucket List by Dear Creatives
*Here’s to you all having the happiest of holidays and making wonderful memories*