If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain… this one’s for you!
Everyone loves a good party! I happen to love planning parties and putting events together. It absolutely feeds my Type A personality. Good parties mean great people, great food, and of course, great drinks!
Here is one of my favorite recipes from a recent get together:) It makes we want to go to the beach. Since we are nearing the end of summertime, I was clinging to the last glimmer of vacations!
Enjoy this tasty piece of paradise!
Pineapple Island Trop-tail
This past weekend, I helped my brother-in-law throw a party for his adorable girlfriend. Today is her actual birthday so *Happy Birthday to the gorgeous Autumn*!
Cake made by the wonderful and talented Amy at Cakes Take Shape
She really wanted a tropical drink and had seen some ideas of drinks served out of a pineapple and told him that she wanted one. So, I experimented with some ingredients and threw together this tropical concoction that actually turned out to be super yummy and cute! You all know I won’t turn down an opportunity to be the guinea pig;)
I really hate measuring things, I would much rather just taste and adjust accordingly. But, I did try to estimate for you all.
- Cut the top off of a pineapple. Scoop out the insides and set some of them aside. Make sure not to cut through the bottom or sides.
- Add one part (shot) coconut rum
- Add one part vanilla vodka
- Optional- splash of citrus vodka
- Add a a little bit of cranberry juice and pineapple juice (amount is all about personal preference)
- Finish off with soda water or Sprite if you prefer (I tried to keep it moderately low on sugar)
- Add ice, some cut up strawberries, some of the pineapple and any other fruit you may want
- Top it off with a cute/fun straw, or even an umbrella or mustache if you’re feeling really fancy
Citrus vodka and soda with lemon are my go-to drink of choice. I think just the little bit of citrus in this (you could use just a little bit of lemon as well) really brightens up the drink and prevents it from being overly sweet or heavy.
I think she loved it! Let me know if you all make this and what you think!:)
*Cheers to tropical paradise, in a glass*