Since I have already given you some reds that I loved, I thought I needed to even it out for those that aren’t huge red wine drinkers.
As most of you know by now, I love a good wine, white or red, it doesn’t matter to me! I do not claim to be any type of expert on the subject, just an avid wine drinker and lover.
I thought I would bring you all a list of 5 wonderful white wines, ranging from the really sweet side and then venturing into the slightly bolder, creamier and drier side, so that maybe those of you that do lean towards the sweeter wines might find a few on this list that will expand your wine horizons.
These are wines that I have tried and enjoyed, but don’t feel confined to just this list! There are so many delicious white wines out there to explore, plus tasting them is half the fun:)
White Wines To Put on Your “Must Try” List
- Little Black Dress Pinot Grigio: I love the Little Black Dress brand as a whole. Their wines are almost always good and they have a great price tag at around $11. This wine in particular will definitely cater to those of you that like your wine sweet. It carries most notes of apple and pear, but isn’t sweet to the point it has a syrup-like consistency, as some extremely sweet wines can have. It is by far one of my favorite sweet whites. Another great one from this brand that leans more toward the tart notes while continuing to remain sweet is 2011 Little Black Dress Sauvignon Blanc. If you are trying to branch out from the really sweet whites (Riesling, Moscato), I would absolutely try one of these two!
- Chateau St. Michelle Riesling: To me, this one is an oldie but a goodie. This was a favorite at the restaurant I worked at for years, and it is one of the first wines that really jump-started my love of wine. This Riesling is one that I used to recommend as a waitress to people just looking for a good, slightly sweet, off-dry white wine. I have rarely come across someone who didn’t like it, especially because it goes with a wide variety of foods. With flavors of pear and lime it is the perfect wine for anytime:)
- Green Fin Pinot Grigio: If you are in the mood for a cheap, sweet, but tasty wine, this will satisfy all of the above! At a price of just under $4, you can’t really beat the quality of this Pinot Grigio. Another one that has plenty of green apple notes mixed in with a light honey flavor for the added sweetness, this is a great pick for a week night dinner when you just want a decent glass of sweet white. I have talked about this on my blog several times because it is a wine I really enjoy.
- Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc: This smooth Sauvignon Blanc is one that many different palates will enjoy and it can be paired with food or just enjoyed on its own. With a smell of tangerines and citrus, this wine is perfect for those that love a little bit of tropical flavor in their wine. It has some pineapple notes along with more of the citrus flavor and is the perfect medium-bodied wine that isn’t too sweet or too tart. Not to mention, you can find it for under $10.
- Rodney Strong Estate Chardonnay: For someone like myself who is hard to please when it comes to Chardonnay’s, only because I am not the biggest fan, this one is one of the best I have had. At around $20, you get an extremely smooth, creamy and slightly crisp wine that smells slightly of a spicy vanilla, and carries flavor notes of apple, spices and a light minerality.
I also recently passed by a bottle of Dreaming Tree Chardonnay and White Blend, which as many of you know sucked me in because the Dreaming Tree “Crush” is my favorite red wine at the moment.I will be doing a review on both of these very soon:)
*Cheers to finding a little bit of joy in a glass of good, white wine*