I am determined that there is a shade of red lipstick out there for everyone, you just have to find it. Everyone needs a good red lipstick in their possession, even if you only pull it out for special occasions. Today, I’m sharing some of the best red lipsticks I have found over the years.
The classic red lip is an iconic staple from the women of our past. So many beautiful figures rocked the red lip in their decade, like the ever-so-gorgeous Marilyn Monroe. Whether you prefer a deep ox blood color, a more orange-toned red lipstick, or the classic blue-toned lip, there is a red out there for you. Here are some of my favorites to help you find it!
Favorite Red Lipsticks
- Viva Glam I by MAC Cosmetics: For those that love a deep red lip, this is your pick. This is my favorite red lipstick that I own. The color is gorgeous, it’s just a pure deep, rich brick red with a blue undertone. The formula is matte and I love MAC’s matte lipsticks. It is also part of their Viva Glam collection, which gives all of the money from purchased lipsticks to charity. Love! This color is similar to MAC’s Russian Red lipstick.
- Cherries in the Snow by Revlon: A beautiful drug store option for a red lipstick. It is creamy, wears beautifully, and this color is AMAZING. Another version of the classic red lip with blue-undertones.
- Creeper by Colourpop Cosmetics: This color is stunning. It is a blue-toned red that gives you the whitest, brightest teeth and the most beautiful matte, classic red lip. The formula of these Ultra Matte Lip’s is drying, but if you want a red lip that won’t budge for hours and hours, this is a winner!
- All Heart by Clinique: This is a more toned-down, pinkish red for those that want to venture into wearing a red lip, but aren’t ready to commit to a full on, opaque, in your face red lipsticks. The formula is good, its moisturizing, and it stays on for a decent amount of time. It has a slight sheen to it which makes it easier to wear than a full on matte lipstick. This is the perfect everyday red.
- Fire Engine by Gerard Cosmetics: The color of this is a hot, bright red. It isn’t described as having more orange or more blue, although I would say it leans slightly orange in some lights. It is just as red as… well, a fire engine;) It’s a gorgeous statement color that doesn’t slide outside of the lines of the lips. The formula itself is a little bit hard to apply on this one because the actually lipstick itself is on the dry side. As with the nude lipstick from this brand, the one thing I will say about these lipsticks is that am I not a huge fan of their scent.
What “top 5” series would you like to see next? Let me know in the comments below!
*Here’s to achieving that classic, Marilyn lip*