I decided to do a couple of my “favorites” categories, because I pretty much love EVERYTHING about Christmas and couldn’t just narrow it down to one. I have put together a few lists of the best Christmas movies, books, and music to get you into the holiday spirit (if you’re not already)!
I have an absolute obsession with Christmas movies. In my opinion, this season comes out with the best of everything in terms of entertainment; books, movies, music… Love. Love. LOVE!
Some of my favorites of all time that I think everyone should watch around the holidays are:
The Polar Express:
The beautiful story of a little boy and his journey to the North Pole on the enchanted Polar Express.
A hilarious family movie about a human, raised elf, who travels to New York to find his real father.
A Christmas Story:
Join Ralphie and his family as they go through the craziness of the holidays as Ralphie tries to get his perfect gift and his father joins in the holiday spirit…. with a leg lamp.
A Charlie Brown Christmas:
A classic. Who doesn’t love Charlie Brown movies?
Miracle on 34th Street:
A story about one little girls belief in one man, Kris Kringle. This movie has my favorite story line of them all.
White Christmas (the original):
The music and the story in the original is just amazing. I love this movie more every, single year.
All of the Home Alone Series:
The very humorous series about a little boy who gets left by his family, over and over again, and always seems to run into some trouble. If you have little boys especially, get these movies.
- “The Polar Express” story book is so beautifully illustrated. It is the same story as the movie, but the pictures in this book are probably some the best I’ve seen in a children’s book.
- “The Joy of Giving” – The Bernstein Bears is another one of those books that teaches children to have a spirit of giving during this season.
- “Twas the Night Before Christmas” is a classic Christmas story. We read this every year before we read the biblical story of Christ’s birth.
- “Santa Mouse” is the story of a little mouse that never gets gifts. But instead of being upset, he decides to leave gifts for others instead and in turn Santa makes him a little helper.
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- Oh Holy Night
- Joy to the World
- The Christmas Song
- 12 Days of Christmas
- All I Want for Christmas (The Mariah Carey Version of course:))
- Let it Snow
- Carol of the Bells
- Mary, did you know?
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
- O Come, All Ye Faithful
- Silent Night
What are your Christmas family favorites?
*Cheers to holiday movies, stories, and those songs we will always remember*