Happy almost Thanksgiving everyone!
I am beyond excited for Thursday when I get to sit around with family and loved ones, play games, eat fantastic food, and then talk about Christmas of course:)
In light of this holiday, it seemed only fitting that I shared some of the biggest things that I am thankful for this year.
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!
What I’m Thankful For
- My two sweet, little, crazy bundles of joy: My daughter’s are without a doubt the very best things that have ever happened in my life. It is amazing to me to watch them grow and learn every day. I am so thankful that I get to be their mom for the rest of… well forever! I am thankful that I got bring them into this world and that even on the hard days, I get to be with them rather than not. Those girls are such a blessing to me even when they are acting like monster divas.
- My husband: That guy… I don’t know what I would do without him. Talk about someone who completely supports me in any and all decisions, lets me win arguments simply because he knows I’m stubborn, and loves me unconditionally through all of that. That is pretty much my hubby in a nutshell. We are going on two years of marriage now, and halfway into our 5th year of being together. He is the best friend I could ever ask for.
- The fact that my husband has a good job: So many people struggle with work and finances and supporting their families. My husband is lucky to have a good job that supports us completely and one that allows me to not only finish my schooling, but also be a work-at-home/stay-at-home mom! I know that things could (and have been) much harder than they are and I am thankful for that.
- My family: Most of my family is spread out all over the place now, but thankfully this year one of my younger sisters gets to come and spend Thanksgiving with us and we get to go spend Christmas with my brother and his family. No matter how far apart we are, my mom and my siblings will always be such a huge and irreplaceable part of my heart. I am so thankful that I have an extremely large family with a lot of siblings and people to lean on. I would’ve hated to be an only child now that I know what it’s like to be surrounded by so much family all of the time.
- Wonderful in-laws: Some people really detest their in significant others family. While I may not see eye-to-eye with my in-laws all the time because everyone’s different, I am so thankful for them. Not only do they do so much for my family but they LOVE their grand kids. Like, absolutely adore them to piece. The girls have their Nana and Papa wrapped around their finger. I’m especially thankful since they moved closer to us this year and are glad to take the girls whenever we need them to… or don’t need them too:)
- Friends that constantly support me and lift me up: There is something to be said about a good girl or guy friend. I don’t have many, mostly because it takes a lot for me to trust someone to the point where I would call them a close friend. There are those few who I have had in my life for years who are always seeking to empower me, be a positive influence in my life, and who are always there no matter what. I am so thankful for those friends and their impact on my life. To me, friends are a constant reminder of why we have more people on the planet then just ourselves and the need for that bond.
- My health: Lately I have had a few health issues that I have been trying to deal with. But, I am thankful that for the time being, everything is okay and I am healthy and happy. Also, I’m very thankful that my family is also all healthy and that we can spend time together this holiday season.
- This blog: Last, but certainly not least, I am so abundantly thankful for the ability to run this website and write to all of you every week. Not only has this been so much fun for me, but it is also a huge area of support and growth in my life. I have gained friends, readers, wonderful opportunities and have learned so much about myself through starting Motherhood and Merlot. I am especially thankful for all of you who read and support this site and myself:)
What are you thankful for this holiday season?
*Here’s to giving thanks for all of our blessing, big and small*