I am a hair color fanatic and have not had my hair it’s natural color in… who knows how long. My hair needs extra protection from the elements because I do so much to it in terms of using heat on it, coloring it, going outside with out a hat… my hair has been through the ringer. Plus I am a mom and a have a lot going on… sometimes my hair gets out of control, we can all relate to that.
These are some of the hair products that I use constantly and have used for years. Most of them are especially useful in the summer because we all know what the heat can do to our hair.(Check out my outdoor and pool must-have list) Or if you just want to give a little extra love to your hair, these are tried and true products that will do just that.
Best Hair Products
1) It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product: This stuff is by far my favorite hair product ever. I have used it for going on 5 years now and I have not found anything that is comparable to what this does to my hair. It does 10 things all at once including protecting from heat, which is great in the hot summer months, and repairing damaged or dry hair. With how much junk I do to my hair, it really should be fried and sticking out all over the place. I use this product every time I wash my hair, which is about 2-3 times a week. You can also spray some of this on after you get out of a pool when you aren’t rushing home to shower. It will help de-tangle the mess that chlorine water or salt water can create on our heads.
It leaves my hair shiny, soft and helps restore some of the damage that I have caused. Plus, it smells SO GOOD! It is a little bit on the pricey side but it is one thing that is absolutely worth the money! They have smaller sizes but the large 10 oz bottle is the best bang for your buck and it will last you for at least 3-4 months.
2) Moroccan Argan Oil Treatment: This is another one of those products that helps to heal and smooth down damaged hair or split ends. I put a little in my palms and run in it through damp/clean hair focusing mainly on the ends and the areas of my hair that are known for their breakage. It doesn’t leave your hair feeling greasy or oily, even if you have naturally oil hair. I have also used this product for years and years and it has been so useful, especially when you’re in need of a cut and have some crazy split ends, to camouflage and hide those not so pretty ends. This is also another product that it great it use a tiny amount of if you’re spending a lot of time outside and your hair starts to feel dry or look dull.
It only takes a small amount so the bottle will last you for quite sometime. I pick mine up at Sally’s Beauty Supply and there is almost always some kind of sale going on!
3) Dove Dry Shampoo: I am a big fan of a lot of Dove products, this being no exception. We all have those times where we get too busy or too tired to wash our hair in an acceptable time span. As a mom especially, sometimes its hard to take the extra minutes in the shower to wash my hair with screaming children outside the door. This product has saved my hair on numerous occasions. It will suck up ANY oil that is on your hair and make it look clean and not like you don’t bathe.You just spray it on your roots, let it set for a minute and then work it in and comb it through. It’s like magic!
It is really friendly on the wallet and you can find Dove products on sale all the time. The only thing I don’t like about this product is that it is stark white so you really have to work it into your hair so you don’t have any white residue on your roots. I have seen other dry shampoos that are colored, like the Batiste brand, but have not tried them personally. Any thoughts on those?
These next two products are what I like to use for volume and lift because I have really straight and heavy hair that will not hold ANYTHING be it volume or back comb or curls, without a really good product.
4) John Frieda Luxurious Volume Mousse: Let me start off by saying that I have never been a big fan of mousse. Probably because I never used it the correct way. But, when I finally learned how to use it, I discovered the voluminous hold that it can have. This mousse by John Frieda is meant to be put on damp hair and then you are supposed to blow dry your hair. It is has given new life to my otherwise flat hair.
It doesn’t give you some obscene amount of clown hair volume, but it does boost your hair up and make it feel fuller. The other huge bonus is that it doesn’t leave you with any stickiness in your hair, which I hate after you just spent the time washing it in the first place.
It is easy to use once you know how;) It is also relatively inexpensive as well.
5) L’OREAL Boost It High Lift Creation Spray: This is last on my list because I have a love-hate relationship with this product. The great things about it are that it really will lift up your hair and freeze any teasing into place. You will not be lacking any volume when you use this product. This is great for the heat when the air and maybe humidity are pulling your hair down and ruining any body that it may have had. It also smells like grapes in my opinion, which is interesting but not terrible for me personally. And of course, it is super affordable and available in tons of places.
The things that I struggle with in terms of this product are that the formula can spray out a little uneven at times and it is also extremely sticky. If you use more then just a small, small amount, it will leave your hair sticky. I don’t mind this on the bottom layers to hold backcombing in, but I do wish it was just a little less on the sticky and heavy side.
That’s it for my favorite hair products (at least for now!). What are some of your hair product necessities?
*Cheers to having beautiful hair to go with your beautiful selves*