Happy almost-Friday! Who else is excited for the summer time? This year, we are traveling quite a bit, including a trip to Virginia in just a few short weeks. When I’m on vacation, I don’t always want to worry about my makeup, especially when it comes to beach trips and things like that. I’m sharing some of my must-have vacation beauty items you need to add to your beach bag essentials list:)
Whether your going to a tropical beach or one of the destinations close to home, these essentials will have you ready to tackle the sun and the surf.
Beauty Items You Need to Bring to the Beach
- Dry Shampoo: The sun, the sweat, the salt water… all of those items do a number on your hair. Having some dry shampoo with you (along with some detangler) will really save your hair and bring it back to life after spending the day in the sun. The Living Proof Dry Shampoo and the Batiste Dry Shampoo are my go-tos.
- Facial Mist: Beach day means a day in the sun and the heat. Yes, you can cool off in the water, but not all of us want to go take a dive in the ocean. Facial sprays like this Mario Badescu Facial Spray will give your skin some moisture and a quick refresher. Plus, it smells amazing!
- Chapstick with SPF: No one likes to have dry, chapped lips after spending the day at the beach. Aquaphor Lip Repair has always been high on my list, and with the inclusion of SPF it makes the perfect beach addition!
- Facial Sunscreen: The beach is fun and all, but getting wrinkles and sun damage at a young age is most definitely not. Sunscreen for your body is always a given, but sometimes we forget to take special care of our facial area. I am a huge advocate for sun protection after having an area of skin cancer removed from my face. The tarte Tarteguard sunscreen is a great choice for the beach, thanks to its rubbery outside. Waterproof and gives you protection! Plus, it won’t break you out (even if you have sensitive skin like I do).
- Deodorant: Okay… no one wants to talk about this one, but it’s a necessity! You might want to touch up that area after being out in the heat all day, especially if you go grab lunch or dinner right after. The LAVANILA Healthy Deodorant has always been a favorite if you want a paraben-free, natural deodorant.
What are your must-have beauty items for the beach?
*Cheers to fun in the sun*